Warrior Cats RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dream Help

+4
xXxreeniebear99xXx
Moss
Ace
Rain
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dream Help Empty Dream Help

Post by Rain May 28th 2011, 11:25 am

It's weird that I'm putting this up here, but I really don't know where else to go. I won't tell my parents about it, they might think I'm nuts or whacko. Every single night for the past 3-4 years, I've been having nightmares. Every night, whether I've had a stressful day or not. And it's not basic dreams like falling from a high place or something, they're all horrifying and insane in their own ways. I've had everything from killer puppies, to some seriously messed up family-turned-zombie attacks, to ticks crawling through my arm, feeling so real that when I wake up I actually go and check my arm just to make sure I was dreaming. I've had dreams where I've fought and I'm getting killed, waking up choking and coughing because in my dream someone was literally strangling me. Sometimes when I wake up, I have bruises or scratches, or some other injury, and I have no clue how it got there, because it wasn't there before I went to bed.

I'm about to try putting citrine or amethyst under my pillow, because I read that those gemstones will actually keep nightmares away. Will it work? If they don't, what do I do about these dreams? I can't take much more of them, I'm at the end of my chain.
Rain
Rain
The Awesominator

Back to top Go down

Dream Help Empty Re: Dream Help

Post by Ace May 28th 2011, 12:02 pm

Those are just rocks, dude. :I

Are you on any form of medication?
Ace
Ace
That's pants-on-head retarded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moss May 28th 2011, 2:15 pm

You've gotta get a native american dream catcher, hang it on a nail above your pillow. Worked when I was really young and had this kinda thing. :I Plus, they look cool. When you go to bed, focus on something good, or think of a happy memory that you want to relive, don't think of why you're thinking of them, don't think about wanting to dream.
Moss
Moss

Back to top Go down

Post by xXxreeniebear99xXx May 28th 2011, 2:19 pm

Try out lucid dreaming! then you can do whatever you want to those evil puppies! >:D works when i have nightmares. and it's fun, bonus!
xXxreeniebear99xXx
xXxreeniebear99xXx

https://www.youtube.com/user/reeniebear99

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain May 28th 2011, 3:23 pm

Dreamcatcher? I've always wanted one of those anyway, I'll look into it. And I'll try out lucid dreaming, but I've done it before and it didn't exactly do anything for me. Thanks guys, you don't realize how much I need this.
Rain
Rain
The Awesominator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber May 28th 2011, 4:08 pm

OR. Is it cold where you sleep? Because you are more likely to have a bad dream in a cold place, so make sure the temperature of your room is warm. Maybe drink something warm before goin to bed, even.
Amber
Amber

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee May 28th 2011, 5:19 pm

Drinking warm milk helps most people sleep better. Not for me though, cause I don't like warm drinks.

I think that dreamcatchers and everything are just superstitions. But this is coming from me, and I've long since learned how to control my dreams. u_u

My family says that eating too much before going to bed makes you have bad dreams. :V
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain May 28th 2011, 7:55 pm

I don't eat, my room is warm, and milk doesn't do anything for me. But I'll tell you what Bee, I first bought an agate rock about three weeks ago for $6. I didn't think there was anything special about it, it just appealed to me and I got it.

When I first held the rock sample, about maybe less than quarter of an inch, it felt.... It's hard to describe, but it was almost like my mind was clearing or I was hypnotized or something.

I started looking up nightmare remedies yesterday and it turns out that banded agate is actually supposed to relieve stress. I was in awe, I didn't think it would work, but it already had. I was as surprised as you were.

And no Ace, I'm on no medication on any time, and have not or am not overly-eccentric in any way.
Rain
Rain
The Awesominator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber May 28th 2011, 8:28 pm

I didn't say anything about milk. V-V
Amber
Amber

Back to top Go down

Post by - Wolvine - May 28th 2011, 9:05 pm

I HAVE TWO DREAMCATCHERS :3 *So pathetic*

The thing is B, the subconscious and the logic parts of your brain are constantly arguing. Even though you know that it is impossible for a stone or a string circle can help you dream better, your subconscious believes it, and thus is does actually help you. This works especially well when you are young. Like most thigns, if you start believing something or register something form a young age, it stays with you for life. As your logic develops, you realize that what you are doing doesn't work, but you carry on out of habit. Your subconscious still believes it. Its like phobias, they stay with you for life, unless you get help, mostly via hypnotism. Superstition is actually useful at times. Who knew? :D

I suffer a similar problem, but its not every night, and they aren't nightmares. They are really really bizarre dreams. I don't actually complain about them, because me and my friends can always laugh about how stupid my brain is when its asleep. :3

I'd actually recommend telling your parents. Its most likely a psychological problem, easily resolved through therapy or hypnotism. Superstition won't get you anywhere, unless you are prepared to fully believe it. Have you had any stress recently, or maybe some kind of trauma that started the dreams?
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber May 28th 2011, 9:09 pm

Lol, it's like religion.
Amber
Amber

Back to top Go down

Post by - Wolvine - May 28th 2011, 9:18 pm

Are you suggesting religious people need therapy? XD
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Post by xXxreeniebear99xXx May 28th 2011, 9:29 pm

you know what? if griffin is sleeping fine now, then our job is done.
xXxreeniebear99xXx
xXxreeniebear99xXx

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain May 28th 2011, 10:16 pm

I only wish Bear. :(

Milk and warm drinks are all the same with me.

And Wolvy, I agree with superstition and all you're saying, but how would my self-conscious know to calm itself, to believe the rock would work, when I didn't even know what the rock was supposed to do in the first place? It wasn't until three weeks after I found out.

But yeah, if it keeps going on like this, I'm going to have to tell someone. Even if it isn't my parents. And, no trauma, and only the same amount of stress every other kid my age would get. Besides that, these nightmares are making me more and more paranoid and I'm getting very jumpy, screaming or trying to hit at anything I might find unexpected.

Should I be seeing a shrink?

Rain
Rain
The Awesominator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber May 28th 2011, 10:17 pm

Yes. You should definitely be seeing a shrink. If it's as bad as you say, you need therapy.
Amber
Amber

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwiattack May 28th 2011, 10:46 pm

I had the same problem as you for awhile, Griff, but it was because there was a lot of crazy stuff happening in my life then. XI I once woke up because in a dream I was slashing another person's stomach and ended up scratching my own stomach in real life, so badly I bled.

Once my life settled down my dreams did too... Maybe if you had less stuff going on in your life your dreams would be the same way? XI Or I've also heard if you have music or TV in the background while you're sleeping it'll decrease the quality of your sleep and you won't dream as much. But I don't know if that works for everyone, because I fall asleep almost every night with the TV on.

kiwiattack
kiwiattack

Back to top Go down

Post by - Wolvine - May 28th 2011, 11:07 pm

I dunno Goldy. I just thought it was interesting. And its fun trying to be smart but failing :D
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain May 29th 2011, 12:09 am

Nah, you make sense Wolv, and I don't mean to pick out the flaws in your theory, but I still find it weird that a stone could have that kind of effect it could on someone.

I had music on one night, calm music, and it messed with my mind so much. That's the night I had the strange family-trying-to-eat-you. It started in my Gram's place and the whole cabin shifted, walls moving around the like a never-ending maze, and when I blinked I found myself running up a hill to a motel followed by a giant mob of zombies that could run very, very fast. I hopped into a motel room that was the size of a closet and huddled in the corner. Next thing I know, I'm being attacked by a grizzly bear in a mansion while two ice bears are trying to protect me. Grizzly got me pinned after it killed the two ice bears and actually bit into my throat. When I woke up, my throat was painful and sore, and I was so shaken up I was practically in tears.

You might be right though Kiwi, I'm not sure what's eating me, but you could definitely be pointing something out my self-conscious has been trying to for a very, very long time.
Rain
Rain
The Awesominator

Back to top Go down

Post by xXxreeniebear99xXx May 29th 2011, 9:02 am

it could work. but remember this- it's not as nice as you think. it's always " on a scale from 1-10, how bad are the dreams?" or " how do you feel?" and all that bull sh*t. but if you're willing to, I'm not gonna stop ya!
xXxreeniebear99xXx
xXxreeniebear99xXx

Back to top Go down

Post by - Wolvine - May 29th 2011, 9:53 am

I'd recommend hypnotism. Even if you don't know why the dreams have started, your subconscious may have registered it. A hypnotist can just replace that learning with another.
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee May 29th 2011, 10:40 am

That doesn't make superstitions true. It just tricks your mind into thinking they're true. :L

Well, stress is obviously a factor, and if you don't eat you should eat stuff cause going to bed hungry isn't gonna help either. :C

Usually, when I dream superhappy stuff, it's cause I think of superhappy stuff before I sleep. Like my grandmother being mauled by your three bears. :D That aside, do you have a lot of outside noises going on? Those can affect your dreams too.

The pain you feel is probably all psychological, because say if you roll over and hurt your... arm, say, your brain will incorporate that into your dream. Happens to me all the time. Like once I had a dream about a giant wasp coming and stinging me in the nape of my neck and then I woke up and was relieved to find it was only a dream. And then I felt the back of my neck and there was the hugest ostrich-egg-type-bump there, and I freaked. And then I woke up for reals and my neck was aching but nothing was there. I don't know why I told you this. It just seemed like the appropriate time. :D

Also white noise and rain sounds help people sleep better. Most of the time. But cause of your crazy bear-zombie-family dream, I dunno.
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber May 29th 2011, 11:07 am

Yeah. White noise really does help. It seems to block out all other noises and then sometimes, you don't even dream.
Amber
Amber

Back to top Go down

Post by - Wolvine - May 29th 2011, 12:07 pm

I know, but superstition is the cause for making your brain think its real. I think. I've confuzzled myself D:

I've heard white noise is good for calming. I have a friend who likes to just put the radio on between channels and listen to the fuzz :l I always sleep better when I can hear the sea. Ask your parents if you can go to the coast for a holiday? X3
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain May 29th 2011, 12:59 pm

IT WORKED!!! FIRST GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP IN 4 YEARS!!!! I JUST USED THE AGATE ROCK I BOUGHT AND IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!!!
Rain
Rain
The Awesominator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace May 29th 2011, 3:45 pm

I always have super weird dreams when I fall asleep in school. One time in history class, the whole class was super quiet, the teacher was just sitting silent at his desk... so I lay my head down on my desk for like five seconds, look up again, and my teacher's smoking a cigar that I swear was like 20 feet long. e.e

Try getting a different pillow. When I changed the type of pillow I slept on last year, I got a ton more sleep. And...keep that rock. XI
Ace
Ace
That's pants-on-head retarded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum