Warrior Cats RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Um... Yeah. Have Fun With It

3 posters

Go down

Um... Yeah. Have Fun With It Empty Um... Yeah. Have Fun With It

Post by Amber February 7th 2011, 7:52 pm

This is the story I have been working on for the past year and a half (which was spent plotting the story). I only have the first two chapters out, though. Enjoy. :) And by the way... This chapter sucks. XD

Chapter One
"Why?"
I grunted, annoyed, and stuck my fist out over the table. My knuckles were a bright white, save for the blood of my struggles that caked them. Unclenching my hand, I let the object in my hand drop onto the hard, wooden oak table. The table that I had roughly crafted, so that we could actually have one.
The object sprung around like a coin, spinning around like an undecided cat before finally resting on one side, its mind seemingly made up. It was a ring of silver, about the size of the small of my palm. Supported by a rod in the middle was a three-dimensional triangle, causing the circle to lay awkwardly on one of the more or less flat sides, just barely off the table. On each flat side of the three-dimensional "dial" was a circular gem the hue of a sapphire, like the deepest, most secret part of the ocean, trapped in a gem only a few milimeters wide.
"That's why." I replied, eyeing my companions, my best friends defiantly. Luneth, who was closest, shot me a quizzical look. His hair, spiky and crimson, black tipping each spike shifted like a lion's mane as he cocked his head, like a bird. Quite literally, like a bird. Why? Because he is a bird, no joke. No, seriously, I'm not kidding. I watched intently as he picked up the object delicately, as if it were going to burn him severely. I waited eagerly to see what he would say about it.
"Well," He said, and started to grin. Oh, no. He wore a certain smile on his face, the one he reserved for some sort of joke or witty remark he was about to voice. "It's shiny." He shrugged, and handed the object back to me.
My spirits withered as I tried not to smack him, or give him a slight cuff around the ear. Clearly, he did not understand why I had taken the object. I looked pleadingly across the table at Kit, hoping that maybe, just maybe, she would understand. She was, of course, the most rational of the three of us. Luneth was a joking, street-fighting punk, while I was apparently clumsy and made rash decisions most of the time. And I don't deny either trait.
Kit just gazed at my hand, as if her deep amber eyes were x-rays and could see right through my fist enclosed around the object I held in my hand. Upon closer inspection, I noticed a detail that I had overlooked. On top of the circle (which was determined by the position of the detail) was a thin, silver loop. Apparently, the object was a pendant, as if it belonged to a necklace.
"Why did you risk your life for it? You don't even know what it is." She pointed out. "Do you?"
"I thought we could trade it. It looks like it could be silver, doesn't it?" I try to make myself sound as rational as possible. I searched Kit's calm face for a sign of agreement, perhaps maybe try to predict her thought process. But nothing gave. Not even her bright green hair shifted.
"And those might be sapphires." I added, sliding the pendant toward her.
"I suppose." Kit said. That was "I agree" in "Kit language", as I call it, because Kit tends to beat around the bush. That settled it. For me, at least. I got to my feet, my right leg shuddering with effort. Now that the adrenaline had worn off, I was starting to feel the pain of my rashness. Just one of the examples of how I was more than willing to jump into a battle if I see there is a point. And sometimes, I admit, there isn't one.
I turn toward the door, and start walking. I'm now more than ready to trade the possibly valuable pendant for something that was finally worth our time. Something that could actually make our life easier. Like a blender. Yeah, that would be nice. Or electricity, so that I could actually use the blender. It's when I'm about halfway to the door that I realize that no one's following me. Not one soul. I turn around and impatiently push my chestnut colored bangs out of my eyes; one of my habits, because they're both in the same exact spot as before. Had they even breathed?
"Guys?" I press impatiently. What was it now? I wanted to get the trading over with. I crossed my arms.
"Uh... Morri, you just got attacked." Luneth cared to pipe up.
True. I had indeed just gotten attacked by people who could turn into all kinds of vicious animals in order to keep me from taking the pendant. True story. I don't know why they attacked me, considering the fact that the thing was lying abandoned in the sand. I mean, finders keepers. And why hadn't they grabbed it earlier? Why wait until I picked it up?
There was the whole possibility that there might be people who're actually after people like us. The thing is, we were like them. No, I couldn't ignore that possibility. That's why people like us were extremely secret with who they were and what they could do, not counting the fact that regular people would pin us as freaks and possibly try to jab needles into us. I found my arms at my sides again, my hands balling into fists. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks. Well, if they were unwilling to go...
"Well, if you guys aren't coming, I'm going on my own." I said hotly, and started to turn again, suddenly even more aware of the searing pain in my leg than before. It was Kit's argument that stopped me again.
"But that completely defeats the purpose of you staying here. It's not like we're injured." Kit pointed out, and although she didn't say it, I felt her gaze trained on my right leg. Of course, there was no fooling her sense of smell. Nor was I fooling my own sense of smell.
The talents that we, Morri, Luneth, and Kit possess are beyond that of any regular human. Each of us has the soul of an animal that we were born with. I think. This soul gives us the ability to "shift" into that animal, to literally become that animal.
To begin with, I'm an otter. I can swim, and all my senses are cranked up. I'm really fast, in fact, I'm the fastest out of the three of us, although Luneth and I have tied. Trust me, this has been proven at least more than once...
Luneth is a cardinal, complete with wings and possibly a a pretty singsong voice that no one's ever heard. I just assumed that, since he's a bird and all. He's pretty fast, too, and knows the air like the back of his hand.
Lastly, Kit is a komodo dragon. Yep. She turns into a huge, twelve foot lizard with a tail so strong, if she hit someone hard enough, they could find themself with a broken arm. She has a rather unfortunate trait, though; poisonous drool. Nothing's ever happened, but I guess she's paranoid about it. She wears a bandanna over her mouth most of the time so that she doesn't accidently poison anyone with flecks of spit. Honestly, I think it's ridiculous and highly unlikely that she could poison someone with spit meeting flesh. Her poison only works through an open wound. And that's when I remember mine, and quickly remind myself that that was the reason for her bandanna, in case someone in the room had an open wound.
Kit is my first friend, and my best one. Though Luneth isn't half bad either, though sometimes being a little stubborn despite his bright attitude toward things most of the time. He's also competetive, like me, so that doesn't help much when making decisions with him.
Kit has been there for me since we were six. We came across Luneth when we were around eight. Or nine. Either one.
I can now smell my wound; like metal with a sweet tinge, and a slightly musty smell. Since Kit mostly relies on smell and touch, the smell must be even stronger to her. Though Luneth has a poor sense of smell, he catches on right to what Kit is talking about, and now he is eyeing my leg, too. I throw my hands in the air and roll my eyes.
"Okay. I'll stay here." I promise, and slump in a chair, realizing that the second I do, that it was the right choice. I'm suddenly very tired, but I wake right up as kit rolls my bloody right pant leg up. The blood should have tipped Luneth off more than enough that I was hurt. I winced as Kit dabbed at the wound, a claw mark about half an inch deep, inflicted by a woman in mid-shift to perhaps leopard. All I could remember were the spots.
I looked down at Kit, and she looked up at me grimly from my leg.
"What?" I asked.
"We don't have any more supplies." Kit explained as she wrapped the already bloody towel around my leg. I let out a quick gasp as the pain exploded breifly from being confined in a small space by the towel Kit was applying. Well, it looked like the blender was out. We were getting medical supplies.

AND JOO DON'T GET CHAPTER TWO. YET.
Amber
Amber

Back to top Go down

Um... Yeah. Have Fun With It Empty Re: Um... Yeah. Have Fun With It

Post by Bee February 9th 2011, 12:37 am

Durrhurr. :D

Kit's a pree cool name.
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain February 9th 2011, 2:41 pm

I like it. It was fun to read. I LUV FRICKEN OTTERS.
Rain
Rain
The Awesominator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber February 12th 2011, 12:55 pm

I have to go very slow with this, unfortunately. I still need to write chapter three.
Amber
Amber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down