Warrior Cats RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character-New fanfic

+4
Legion
Bee
Naruto
8 posters

Go down

Character-New fanfic Empty Character-New fanfic

Post by Naruto October 24th 2010, 8:57 am

Okay, so I was watching TV the other night when an idea hit me. I decided to hold on to it, and this particular morning my muse is huge. ;D So I'm presenting the first chapter to you! Some people will recognize the characters, as characters I've RPed over the last few months. Enjoy~!

Character
Chapter One-Jinxed Wish

Shadows leached over the entire room, giving it a sickly gray appearance in contrast to the bright white it was supposed to be. The walls were high and had a sterile smell, mixed with that of fresh paint. The only light in the room was a naked bulb hanging from a most tenuous grip-a cluster of coppery wires, entangled together and bent this way and that at odd angles. The normally bright filament inside it was black, the soft white outside charred;it'd blown up sometime in the day. The only portal to the outside world was a large window, it's panes muddled with fingerprints and frost, with metal bars extending from the ceiling to the ledge on the bottom that had been turned into a seat. The room was entirely, completely, jarringly barren. The only furniture was a bed, clad in pure white bed sheets. Only accessories were the brown flower-specked blanket bundled on the window seat, next to the pillow nestled against the wall. Moonlight leaked in through the bars, tiger-striping the room and making the walls give off a disturbing luminescence.

The silence was deafening, in that way it had. For the girl who sat crouched against the pillow on the window seat, most acutely. Her hair was a fair blond, cut short down to her shoulders. Her eyes were closed, her pale arms wrapped around her knees, which were drawn to her chest. The shirt she wore was too large for her, the collar having been tied off in the back to keep it slipping down to show unnecessary amounts of skin. The pants resembled those of a nurse, baggy and a soft, pastel green. The elastic in the ankles made it so that the fabric hugged the sensitive skin too tightly, uncomfortably. In her hand, the size of a child's, was grasped a pen, her tiny, thin fingers folding so carefully around it, it appeared to be a living being or a connection to life. Unseen before was a pad of yellowed paper, sitting at her feet with words scrawled in tiny, fine print over it's first page. Though her eyes were closed, she seemed to be looking at it. Her lips moved, mouthing the words written there in perfect order. Her voice occasionally squeaked out, beyond her toddler-like control.
"Going.... Paper.... Lane.... Blank.... Going to....Love.. Heart.. Break.. Miss you..." she whispered, her voice a childish whisper. A tear rolled, glistening, from under her eyelid and down her cheek, leaving a thin, wet trail that shined in the faint light.

When she had mouthed the last word, she started over. It was a speech of some sort, that she must memorize. Her whole being depended on it, she just knew it. With every fiber of her fragile existence, she knew it. The tear fell from her chin after hanging for a moment, making a gray spot on her shoulder. Her heart throbbed. It hurt. She wanted it to end.
"Prepare," they'd said. "Almost ready," they'd breathed. She never moved, just continued sitting there, her features smooth and carefully wiped clean. Her mouth continued opening and closing, mouthing the words over and over and over again.

"How is she?" The voice was outside the room. She didn't cease her nonsense babble.

The hall was much the same as the room, stark and white and pristine. A man in a black suit and tie was walking up to another man, his white coat hanging down below his knees. They both stared at her for a long moment before the white-clad man answered, "She is still unresponsive. Should we send her anyway? An incomplete Character?" Before he'd even finished, the man in black had frowned and shook his head vigorously, making his crisp black hair bounce and wave in a strange way that reminded everyone of a sea snake. "No, we've been responsible for allowing the dysfunctional Characters to get away." he responded. He clasped one wrist with his other hand behind his back. "If ever there is to be a perfect world, there has to be perfect Characters."
The man in white gaped. "But she is unresponsive! It would be best to kill her now then, wouldn't it?" The other scowled. "As one of the twenty remaining humans I expected you to be more compassionate," he chastised, his tone accented heavily with some emotion the scientist had no desire to discover. He hung his head. "I'm going to see her." The disgruntled scientist just stood by as the authoritative figure punched in the code on the black box next to the door. The girl didn't move, even when the buzzer went off announcing his presence.

With several quick strides, he crossed the room to stand at the window by her. The moon had shifted in the sky, making her look artificial in the way the shadows draped adoringly over her. He reached out, like he was going to brush his fingers against her hair, but decided against it. "Cody," he said softly. Her eyes never opened, her lips kept moving. "You're almost ready." The man purred in satisfaction. "You will be the most perfect Character ever created." He didn't see how her heart soared from the praise, how her lips tightened, like she was attempting to prevent a smile. "Others will crumble beneath you, part for you in the streets." Her blood swelled in her veins in anticipation. How she'd wished of this, dreamed of it with her petty emotions. How she'd wanted this man to look at her so adoringly, her and only her. The other Characters-they didn't matter. Because they'd failed where she had not.
"Look at me," he commanded. Her face instantly swiveled towards him, eyes opening half-way so she could peer at him through her eyelashes in that way girls got when they looked at their crush. He gasped at her eyes. They were a bright blue. Darker than the night sky, yet somehow as bright as a sapphire and holding all the depth and mystery of the oceans. He grinned. These eyes were beautiful, compelling. If she had the mind to ask anything of him, he'd be helpless. He'd not be able to refuse her. "Get ready, we are almost ready," he said in a quiet voice, turning to leave. She turned her now open eyes to the mirror that sat just beyond the pad of paper, supported against the wall. Her eyes were shining with disappointment that he'd left.

I should know how she felt;I was staring at myself in the mirror, wasn't I?

END! For now...

Anyone that's confused just ask. I'm sorry for switching the POV there a bit, from Third Person to First Person. Anyway... Feedback appreciated. ^w^'

Naruto
Admin

Back to top Go down

Character-New fanfic Empty Re: Character-New fanfic

Post by Bee October 24th 2010, 7:20 pm

MWWWAW. O.O

I love it! :3

I'm jellin'. You're good at writing. x3
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Member October 25th 2010, 3:02 pm

Obsession? :O

But that was pree awesome. :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion October 25th 2010, 3:31 pm

I hated it so much because it ended too soon.
Legion
Legion

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto October 25th 2010, 5:40 pm

o.o Really? :O *TYPES!* Then I'll add to it.

Naruto
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivermask13 March 18th 2011, 2:21 pm

thats pretty good. I think it has potential... go for it! looking forward to it.
Rivermask13
Rivermask13

Back to top Go down

Post by - Wolvine - March 18th 2011, 3:19 pm

Naru-chan you are so talented D: You can draw, you can write, and you are a fun person.

CURSE YOU D<
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivermask13 March 18th 2011, 3:24 pm

i cant draw but i can write. course thats all opinion. I think im not bad. some people keep on going on about mine poems... i go finds sometime soon.

i go off 4 weekend. later!
Rivermask13
Rivermask13

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifttalon April 15th 2011, 10:44 pm

Nicee.... I don't write fanfic, I write novels. Still workin on the first one, and ill send all of you a free copy over email. Once I finish it. meh. It should be good.
Swifttalon
Swifttalon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain April 16th 2011, 12:38 pm

Reminds me of Maximum Ride. (If you haven't read it, pick up the first one now!) Its epic and awesome, while being compassionate at the same time. Please keep writing, or I'll have to kill you.
Rain
Rain
The Awesominator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivermask13 April 18th 2011, 8:41 am

yes! i luvs max ride! she reminds me of angel a bit, you know?
Rivermask13
Rivermask13

Back to top Go down

Post by Swifttalon April 19th 2011, 1:40 pm

If you new Naru in real life, you'd never compare her to Angel. Max, yes. She's just like Max.
Swifttalon
Swifttalon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain April 19th 2011, 3:04 pm

That's what I was thinking. But she is slightly like Angel, cause Angel always wants to be appreciated, to be right. Max can care less what people thinks about her, she is who she is.

NARU. WRITE MORE.
Rain
Rain
The Awesominator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee April 19th 2011, 5:42 pm

Naru barely comes on here. xD
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain April 19th 2011, 5:55 pm

But I wanna read.... more.
Rain
Rain
The Awesominator

Back to top Go down

Post by - Wolvine - April 19th 2011, 6:00 pm

I e-mailed her :D All hail the powers of me being an admin on Howling!
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain April 19th 2011, 7:16 pm

*grovels* YESH.
Rain
Rain
The Awesominator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content